Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mycophagy

Well I made mushroom omeletes and mushroom quesadillas and mushrooms alfredo with linguine and I also made a mushroom



chile and sauted mushrooms with early peas as shown here but I still have some left. Oh I failed to mention there is one food my onivorious child will not eat and that is mushrooms, so I am at this one solo. What i usually do when I have too many mushrooms is to let them dry. Dried mushrooms have a lot of flavor, they pulverize into a fine powder very nicely and they can act like a secret ingredient when added to soups or breads or sauces or even scrambled eggs. I am going to make a pissaladiere next, well actually I am not going to make the whole pizza thing just the topping to spread on other things, crackers, celery who knows.

7 comments:

S* said...

I didn't like mushrooms as a kid either, but now I love 'em.

Anonymous said...

That all looks/sounds good, except the omelette (hate baked eggs) and the peas mixed in (too smushy!).

Christo Gonzales said...

Amy: no the peas were actually crisp and sweet and I dont do the baked omelete thing..it seems like so much prep just for eggs..

S: I have always liked em, the smell the texture the difficulty to grow..the fact that they grow...

MommaMonkey said...

So how do you dry them out? Do you use a dehumidifier?

Oh, I totally had to Google "Mycophagy".

Tanya Kristine said...

Mmmm...you're so good.

pinknest said...

omg all sounds spectacular! a mushroom orgy it is.

Unknown said...

Now that's a lotta 'shrooms!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin